8 hrs 5 mins
This is a very easy and economical recipe. You don't want to add too many herbs or spices, as it will change the taste of the recipe that you are using it in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start with a gallon-size bag of vegetable peelings (potatoes; any kind of onion - yellow, white, green shallots etc,; zucchini,and carrots). As you have them, add them to a freezer bag and put them into the freezer, adding more until the bag is bulging.
- 2When ready to make, put the frozen vegetables into a large slow cooker/crockpot. I have a large oval crockpot. Add remaining ingredients, filling the water to the top of the crockpot.
- 3Cover and put the crokpot on high and cook around 8 hours.
- 4Turn off heat and let cool.
- 5Strain the vegetables, pressing out as much of the juice from the vegetables as possible.
- 6Either use or freeze for another time.
- 7Sometimes you see vegetable broths with lots of seasonings in them, but that can ruin the recipe that you are adding the broth to, so I make a very lightly seasoned broth.
- 8A chicken broth can be made by putting a whole chicken (or pieces) into a crockpot. If you want to add a few pieces of celery and/or carrots to the chicken you can, but that is optional.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Vegetable Broth
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: