Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I love coming home to a hot & hearty soup when the weather is cold. This recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 lb beef, stir-fry strips
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium red bell peppers or 2 medium green sweet peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 -6 ounces dried chinese noodles
- green onion, cut into thin strips (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine beef, beef broth, water, sweet peppers, water chestnuts, green onions, soy sauce, ginger, and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Turn off cooker. Stir in noodles. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, top with green onion strips.