Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From "ThanksgivingRecipes.com". This is an easy way to make "extra" stuffing for a large crowd, saving stove space because it cooks in a crock pot. Very tasty and moist!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley sprig
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 12 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 4 1⁄2 cups broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet.
- Saute onion, celery, mushroom, and parsley.
- Pour sauteed vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
- Add all seasonings and toss together.
- Pour in enough broth to moisten.
- Add beaten eggs, and mix together well.
- Pack stuffing lightly into crock pot, and cover.
- Set to High for 45 minutes; then reduce to Low to cook for 4 to 8 hours.