Recipe by Hippie2MARS
I love ribs, but I'm only a marginal fan of BBQ. These ribs are a great alternative....fork tender and absolutely scrumptious! You can use either beef or pork ribs, boneless or bone-in. The sauce is delicious over steamed rice. I use Pampered Chef's Asian Seasoning Mix.
- 78.07 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml Asian seasoning, divided
- 907.18-1360.77 g short ribs
- 59.14 ml butter
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalk celery, diced
- 297.66 g can beef consomme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml rice vinegar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml ponzu sauce
- 29.58 ml catsup
- 14.79 ml Thai sweet chili sauce
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn crockpot on high and allow to preheat while preparing the food.
- Melt the butter along with the sesame oil over medium high heat.
- While butter is melting, combine flour, salt, pepper and 1 T of the Asian seasoning in a large plastic bag and shake to mix it up.
- Add the short ribs to the bag a couple at a time, shaking until well coated.
- Place the ribs in the butter and oil in the skillet and brown on all sides.
- While ribs are browning, chop all the vegetables.
- When ribs are brown on all sides, remove them from the skillet and place in crockpot.
- Add the diced veggies and the garlic to the same skillet and saute until onions are clear.
- Add all remaining ingredients, mix, then bring to a boil.
- Pour over the ribs in the crockpot, and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Change setting to low and cook an additional 6-7 hours.
- Before serving, drain or skim off grease.