1/1 Photo of Crockpot Short Ribs With an Asian Twist
7 hrs 30 mins
I love ribs, but I'm only a marginal fan of BBQ. These ribs are a great alternative....fork tender and absolutely scrumptious! You can use either beef or pork ribs, boneless or bone-in. The sauce is delicious over steamed rice. I use Pampered Chef's Asian Seasoning Mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Asian seasoning, divided
- 2 -3 lbs short ribs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ponzu sauce
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1Turn crockpot on high and allow to preheat while preparing the food.
- 2Melt the butter along with the sesame oil over medium high heat.
- 3While butter is melting, combine flour, salt, pepper and 1 T of the Asian seasoning in a large plastic bag and shake to mix it up.
- 4Add the short ribs to the bag a couple at a time, shaking until well coated.
- 5Place the ribs in the butter and oil in the skillet and brown on all sides.
- 6While ribs are browning, chop all the vegetables.
- 7When ribs are brown on all sides, remove them from the skillet and place in crockpot.
- 8Add the diced veggies and the garlic to the same skillet and saute until onions are clear.
- 9Add all remaining ingredients, mix, then bring to a boil.
- 10Pour over the ribs in the crockpot, and cook on high for 1 hour.
- 11Change setting to low and cook an additional 6-7 hours.
- 12Before serving, drain or skim off grease.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Short Ribs With an Asian Twist
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 1245.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: