Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I want to start cooking more, and crockpot recipes remove the excuse that I'm too busy. Since I never seem to open up my crockpot recipe book (Fix It and Forget It Recipes for Entertaining), I decided to post this here as a reminder that I need to try this one. This recipe was credited in the book to Ruth Hershey of Paradise, PA.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, browned in skillet
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Layer sausage, sweet potatoes and apples in slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
This is delicious! It is an adult favorite in my house.