Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This good recipe was created by Gina's for Weight Watchers and Diabetic recipes. The combination of the ingredients make its delicious taste. Enjoy it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and lay on top. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir. Adjust salt and seasoning and serve warm.
Super good and easy! I added a bit of cumin and some diced celery to it. I served it over Mexican Rice "36011" from this site, which I also liked, and topped with shredded cheese, avocado and sour cream.
I used two 10 ounce cans of Rotel and omitted the chicken broth (just used like a half cup of water) and it was plenty 'wet'. I also chopped up onion to use instead of the onion powder. I put the filling in whole wheat tortillas, put in glass baking dish, covered with enchilada sauce and 2% mexican shredded cheese and baked for 30 mins at 350. Yum! Makes a lot - I am freezing half of it for another meal after making 5 soft taco size enchiladas!
Used cheddar and greek yogurt for toppings. I would make it again! It was very good! Thanks for sharing!