1/1 Photo of Crockpot Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup
6 hrs 5 mins
This recipe is from A Year of Slow Cooking (crockpot365.blogspot.com). It's a favorite in our house. In a pinch I have even made this on the stove. My family loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed (you could also use dried beans)
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 236.59 ml frozen corn
- 453.59 g jar salsa
- 7.39 ml cumin
- 118.29 ml sour cream, to stir in at the end
- garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, avocado slices, cilantro, sour cream
- 1In a 4 quart or larger crockpot, combine all ingredients except sour cream.
- 2Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- 3Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream.
- 4To thicken, you could using and immersible blender to blend some of the soup.
- 5Garnish and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.0
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 1023.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 30.0 g