Recipe by cinwalsh_8057651
This recipe is from A Year of Slow Cooking (crockpot365.blogspot.com). It's a favorite in our house. In a pinch I have even made this on the stove. My family loves it.
Top Review by ArtsyBakingGeek
This was good. I loved the broth. However the chicken tasted really dry (I was actually trying to avoid it while eating) and there seemed to be something missing. It is an amazing start though. Maybe if the chicken was cooked separately and then added at the end it might have been better?
- 453.59 g chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed (you could also use dried beans)
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 236.59 ml frozen corn
- 453.59 g jar salsa
- 7.39 ml cumin
- 118.29 ml sour cream, to stir in at the end
- garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, avocado slices, cilantro, sour cream