4 hrs 10 mins
I took chef momaphet's posted recipe for Poulet Roti (Roast Chicken) - Poulet Rôti (Roast Chicken), and changed it slightly so it could be cooked usiing a crockpot. This is such an easy recipe to prepare and tastes similar to a rotisserie chicken. The chicken is moist and flavorful. Feel free to change amounts or types of herbs to your liking! This would be great with mashed potatoes and gravy. If your whole chicken has a neck and giblets, you can reserve them in your refrigerator until about an hour before dinner time and make a gravy with them. Just put them in a small pot, cover with water and a little onion and carrots and a little herbs, bring to a boil and then simmer for about an hour, strain this and use for your gravy (however you normally make gravy) for extra flavor. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the onions in the bottom of your crockpot.
- 2Mix together the herbs and spices, rubbing them together with your fingers to blend.
- 3Gently lift the skin from either side of the breast and using your fingers, push a bit of the herb mix under each side.
- 4Turn the chicken over and make a small slit behind each thigh and push some of the herb mix under the thigh skin.
- 5Sprinkle the rest of the herb mixture over the top of the chicken and if you have any left sprinkle it inside the chicken.
- 6Put your chicken into the crockpot, on top of the onions, breast side up. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make it's own juices!
- 7Cook in the crockpot on the low setting for 4-6 hours. My crockpot cooked the chicken in about 5 hours. I'd recommend a pop-up timer in the chicken because some crock pots cook faster/slower than others.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Roasted Chicken (Poulet Roti - a Recipe Inspired by Che
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1006.2
- Calories from Fat 648
- Total Fat 72.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 331.4 mg
- Sodium 638.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 78.5 g