1/1 Photo of Crockpot Quinoa, Chicken, and Kale Soup
7 hrs 30 mins
Delicious and nutritious! Found this on Pinterest, edited for my preferences. Quinoa makes it hearty and filling. The chicken was soooo tender, it just fell apart! I never used kale before but couldn't really taste it in this- I don't like cooked spinach in soup but I did like the kale! Could be topped with shredded parmesan cheese. Also, I like to freeze some of the leftovers in serving size ziploc bags.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, raw
- 1 cup onions or 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery or 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup quinoa, soaked
- 10 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups packed kale, chopped (thick ribs discarded)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Place chicken in a 6 or 7 quart crockpot; add onion, celery, and garlic.
- 2Add drained quinoa and pour in chicken broth.
- 3Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours, or LOW 7-8 hours.
- 4Remove chicken and shred; return to soup.
- 5Add in beans, kale, seasonings, and lemon juice; taste and adjust seasonings to preference; cover and cook on high for 30 minutes more, until kale is tender.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Quinoa, Chicken, and Kale Soup
Serving Size: 1 (626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 389.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 24.6 g