Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This lovely soup, with its beautiful color, makes a lovely starter for your holiday feast or for any meal. It is also perfect for a luncheon. And it couldn't be easier to make.
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie, mixture
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (28 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- sour cream, optional garnish
- Combine all ingredients except half-and-half in a 4-quart crockpot. Cook on LO heat for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in half-and-half.
- To serve: Servings of soup may be topped with a dollop of sour cream.