6 hrs 20 mins
A low-effort, high flavor family favorite. I've also made this without the BBQ sauce and it's just as delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs pork roast
- 1 (1 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup wine (red or white, your preference, I use whatever is on hand)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- water to cover whole roast
- 1Peel and slice potatoes
- 2Place carrots and potatoes into bottom of large crockpot.
- 3Heat pan over high heat with EVOO.
- 4Add roast and brown all sides.
- 5remove and place on top of veggies.
- 6add Onion soup mix and stir into browned bits from roast just untill starts to brown.
- 7add wine and loosen browned bits.
- 8stir in brown sugar, honey, and sesame seed oil.
- 9cook until all ingredients start to meld and wine begins to reduce.
- 10Add cold water to pan and pour over roast (adding more water to cover roast if needed).
- 11During last couple hours add BBQ sauce and rotate roast to coat.
- 12Allow to rest 10 minutes before pulling meat apart with 2 forks.
- 13Serve with your choice of buns or rolls and veggies on the side.
- 14(A "sweet gravy" can be made for the veggies by reserving some of the liquid as a stock and making as you would with any other regular gray.).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.4
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 795.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 48.4 g
- Protein 35.2 g