Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Very easy recipe to make BBQ chicken for sandwiches or nachos using chicken breasts in the crockpot! Received this recipe from a good friend, Nicki!
- 6 chicken breasts, raw
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, I use 1 bottle of BBQ sauce (prefer Sweet Baby Ray's sweet & spicy)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Add all ingredients to a crockpot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours. About half way through the cooking time, shred the chicken using two forks. Chicken will easily fall apart!
- Serve with potato rolls, hamburger rolls, or nacho chips and cheese.
I followed the recipe as written, including using Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. It was good, but a bit too sweet for my family's taste. When I use the leftovers for nachos, I think I'll add something to give it a bit more oomph...I'm thinking Spicy Montreal Steak seasoning or something like that.
I like that you put all this in the crockpot and let it do it's thing. So easy and tasty. Made a lot for just my husband and I so maybe next time I'll halve it. Used a bbq sauce recipe from another chef and it turned out great.
I made this for a cookout and my daughter made a spicey coleslaw. We put it on rolls and added the coleslaw on top.....YUMMY! Everyone loved it!