Recipe by Treewoman
I have not tried this yet, just got it from a friend who has been making it weekly and says it's easy and very filling, with 3 1/2 WW points per 1 cup serving. I can't guarantee that it's "Weight Watchers". It looks like a basic soup that other vegetables could be added to (such as broccoli or cauliflower) to add nutrients without adding a lot of calories. Note: after seeing the calorie and fat count on this, it doesn't look like a weight watchers' item! However, I'm keeping it on here for a filling, easy soup that I'd like to try.
Top Review by Tanyasen
I have made this many times. It is the easiest soup I've ever made and it is delicious. I always add some crisp bacon crumbled up into the soup at the end of cooking. It is also really good to put some shredded cheddar cheese on top if you really want to go nuts!
- 26 -30 ounces frozen hash browns (plain)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans nonfat chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese (1/3 less fat)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Add first 5 ingredients to crock pot and cook on high for one hour. Stir and then turn to low, cook for another hour.
- Add cream cheese and cook another 30 minutes or until cheese can be stirred into mixture. Add milk and cook 10-15 minutes longer.
- Optional: Garnish with chopped green onion and bacon bits (add 1 point for garnish).
- Variation: Use frozen Country potatoes or Potatoes O'Brien in place of plain hash browns.