10 hrs 5 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from The Crepes of Wrath
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 32 ounces low sodium beef broth or 32 ounces beef stock
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika or 2 teaspoons regular paprika
- 3 teaspoons allspice
- fresh rosemary
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 -2 lb potatoes, diced or 3 medium potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1Spray your crock pot generously with Pam or line it with a crock pot liner.
- 2Pour the beef stock, balsamic vinegar, honey and tomato paste into the crock pot. Stir it together and add in the paprika, allspice, salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Toss in half of the vegetables and place your chuck roast on top of everything.
- 4Toss in the rest of the vegetables and stir everything all together as best you can, making sure that the beef is mostly submerged in the broth. Top with your rosemary.
- 5Set the crock pot on low and cover. Let it cook for 8-10 hours on low. If you can, check on it every so often and give it a little stir (this isn’t necessary if you are away from the house).
- 6When ready, move the roast to a cutting board and slice to serve. Serve with the vegetables and juices from the meat and broth. A salad might go well here too, but we were all about meat and potatoes that night.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.7
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 224.5 mg
- Sodium 659.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 77.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium beef broth