Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Crockpot Pork Salsa Verde is a delicious and easy recipe for a Tex-Mex meal. Pork and brown rice seasoned just right. It is also a healthy diabetic and a WeightWatchers (7) PointsPlus+ recipe. Crockpot Pork Salsa Verde will be loved by your family and your guests. From World Wide Recipes Serving Size: 1 Cup pork mixture + 1/2 Cup rice per serving.
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄3 cups tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green chili salsa (salsa verde)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups brown rice, hot, cooked
- cilantro, Snipped fresh
- In a 3-1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker place onion and pork. Top with tomato, salsa, chicken broth, garlic, cumin and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 6-1/2 hours or on HIGH 3 hours. Serve with brown rice and top each serving with cilantro.