Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Your house will smell so good all day! This is easy and delicious. You can add veggies if you like.
- 1814.36 g pork roast, bone-in
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml oil
- 40 g onion soup mix
- 236.59 ml water or 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml montreal steak spice
- Season roast well with salt and pepper.
- Brown all over in hot oil, then place in crockpot.
- Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix.
- Deglaze pan with water or broth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour over roast in crockpot.
- Cover, cook on Low 8-10 hours.
- If desired, thicken broth into gravy.
- Notes -- you may also add potatoes, carrots, onions, celery to the crockpot, if yours is large enough to accomodate them -- mine is not! You may also adjust the amounts of the seasonings to your taste. In my crockpot, this is done after 9 hours. Pork should reach an internal temp of 71-76 celcius for medium/well, or higher for well done.
The smell throughout the house was amazing and even better when I was unlocking the front door. I couldn't believe how fragrant it was. This is my first time cooking a pork roast in a slow cooker and I am so impressed. We butchered our own pig this year so I have lots of cuts to cook with. I put 2 potatoes halved and 1 onion quartered into the alow cooker at the 5 hour mark.
This made the best gravy and the roast was moist and so delicious, we totally loved this. I have a favourite pork roast recipe already but this just may have trumped it! I followed the recipe except only used 3/4 package of the onion soup mix as I find it salty. I am definitely putting this in the "favourites" book. Thanks so much Terri!
I made this yesterday. The roast I had was only 2 lbs and frozen when I put it in, so I didn't get the effect of the sides being cooked beforehand. I just threw some oil in the pan & heated the garlic & steak seasoning for a bit. This was okay, not 5 stars. I may try it again sometime with a bigger roast as this one was very dry after 8 hrs on low. It did fall apart really easily and the taste was good, just not fantastic. I will say it smelled great when I walked in the door from work.