Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Your house will smell so good all day! This is easy and delicious. You can add veggies if you like.
Make and share this Crockpot Pork Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Season roast well with salt and pepper.
- Brown all over in hot oil, then place in crockpot.
- Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix.
- Deglaze pan with water or broth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour over roast in crockpot.
- Cover, cook on Low 8-10 hours.
- If desired, thicken broth into gravy.
- Notes -- you may also add potatoes, carrots, onions, celery to the crockpot, if yours is large enough to accomodate them -- mine is not! You may also adjust the amounts of the seasonings to your taste. In my crockpot, this is done after 9 hours. Pork should reach an internal temp of 71-76 celcius for medium/well, or higher for well done.
This made the best gravy and the roast was moist and so delicious, we totally loved this. I have a favourite pork roast recipe already but this just may have trumped it! I followed the recipe except only used 3/4 package of the onion soup mix as I find it salty. I am definitely putting this in the "favourites" book. Thanks so much Terri!
I made this yesterday. The roast I had was only 2 lbs and frozen when I put it in, so I didn't get the effect of the sides being cooked beforehand. I just threw some oil in the pan & heated the garlic & steak seasoning for a bit. This was okay, not 5 stars. I may try it again sometime with a bigger roast as this one was very dry after 8 hrs on low. It did fall apart really easily and the taste was good, just not fantastic. I will say it smelled great when I walked in the door from work.
This was one of the best pork pot roast that I have ever had! I used Substitute for 1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix for the onion soup mix, as I have found it's better than store brands. The flavor and aroma of the roast was simply wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I have put it in "My Favorite Zaar Recipe" cookbook :)