Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Adapted from a recipe at the Al Dente blog. http://bit.ly/b46tvf
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 -2 red bell pepper, cut into medium dice
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- chopped chives or chopped scallion
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedge
- Place pork, peppers, scallion and garlic in slow cooker.
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, orange juice, honey, and ginger. Pour into slow cooker. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Remove meat to a plate and shred with two forks. Add peanut butter to sauce and blend smooth with immersion blender. Return meat to sauce.
- Serve over jasmine rice. Garnish with chives/scallions, cilantro and lime wedges.
Seriously yum! I added 1 mild chilli pepper chopped without the seeds. And I didn't have an orange so I put in a little more than 1/4 cup cranberry juice. Turned out lovely and flavorful if a very tiny bit stringy. I also thickened up the sauce with some corn flour (corn starch) right at the end before adding the meat back in. Will definitely make again.