Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this on a Facebook page. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 large red peppers or 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces orange juice concentrate
- 16 ounces mandarin orange segments, undrained (2 cans)
- 2 green onions, chopped (whites and greens)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Put carrots, bell peppers, garlic, then the chicken, ginger, salt, pepper and frozen orange juice in crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours. Serve chicken on hot cooked rice on platter. Top with orange segments and green onions. Serve chicken liquid in gravy boat, if desired. Makes approximately 4 servings.
- Notes: I like to use about 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced, but if you don't have fresh, use the ground. If you don't like ginger, leave it out. Thicken up the sauce with a cornstarch mixture (2 Tbsp water + 1 Tbsp cornstarch); mix until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Mix into sauce and let sit for a minute). I like to make some stir fry Chinese veggies to go with this. I use baby bok choy, baby corn, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and broccoli.