Recipe by Sharon123
If you’re a fan of Nutella go grab the crockpot, it’s time for some Crockpot Nutella Hot Chocolate! Crockpot Nutella Hot Chocolate is the perfect addition to your winter parties, family gatherings, and Thanksgiving and Christmas get togethers! From The Frugal Girls.
Top Review by rpgaymer
This was a delicious treat for a cold winter. I doubled the recipe to make more servings, and added a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and a dash of salt- weird ingredients, I know, but I always add it to hot chocolate for a unique twist. The hot chocolate was super-chocolately and rich, as I was hoping. I did not really taste the nutella, but it added a nice creaminess to the drink.
- 5 cups milk (I use soy or almond milk)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I like dark chocolate)
- 1⁄2 cup nutella (Hazelnut spread)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup hot water
- whipped cream (optional)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cocoa, sugar, nutella, and hot water in large pan. Stir, and bring to gentle boil.
- Transfer mixture to crockpot, and add milk.
- Stir, then cook on high for approximately 2 – 2 1/2 hours (or low for approximately 4 – 4 1/2 hours), or until hot.
- Pour into mugs, then top with whipped cream and sprinkles!