Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
If you’re a fan of Nutella go grab the crockpot, it’s time for some Crockpot Nutella Hot Chocolate! Crockpot Nutella Hot Chocolate is the perfect addition to your winter parties, family gatherings, and Thanksgiving and Christmas get togethers! From The Frugal Girls.
- 5 cups milk (I use soy or almond milk)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I like dark chocolate)
- 1⁄2 cup nutella (Hazelnut spread)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup hot water
- whipped cream (optional)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- Combine cocoa, sugar, nutella, and hot water in large pan. Stir, and bring to gentle boil.
- Transfer mixture to crockpot, and add milk.
- Stir, then cook on high for approximately 2 – 2 1/2 hours (or low for approximately 4 – 4 1/2 hours), or until hot.
- Pour into mugs, then top with whipped cream and sprinkles!
This was a delicious treat for a cold winter. I doubled the recipe to make more servings, and added a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and a dash of salt- weird ingredients, I know, but I always add it to hot chocolate for a unique twist. The hot chocolate was super-chocolately and rich, as I was hoping. I did not really taste the nutella, but it added a nice creaminess to the drink.
Chocolatey!!!! I made a batch of this tonight, and almost finished it by myself. I'm on mug #4 (and the last of it) right now. I think I may add a bit more milk next time (and there will be a next time). I did not use "Nutella", instead I used "Jif Chocolate Hazelnut Spread" (I like it better). Of course I had to toss a few mini marshmallows on top, otherwise it's not truly hot chocolate in my book. I'm wondering now if I were to make a larger batch, then store some in the fridge to re-heat another day, if it would work okay or be to thick and gloppy. I guess the only way to know is to try. None left tonight, so a new batch is in the near future. Thanks for posting. (Made for PRMR)