Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The combination of the ingredients in this recipe gives a very good taste to these potatoes. Enjoy.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or use turkey)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can Fiesta nacho cheese soup (I use less fat and sodium)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I use 2% fat)
- 6 potatoes, peeled & sliced (or unpeeled and cut in wedges)
- sour cream
- sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef with chopped onion. garlic, green peppers, garlic salt and pepper until meat is brown. Drain fat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the soup, undrained, and milk.
- In a 4 or 5-quart crock pot, layer half of the potatoes, half of the ground beef mixture, and half of the soup mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low setting for about 3 to 4 hours or until potatoes are tender or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Gently stir before serving. Serve with sour cream, salsa and sliced green onions, if you like.
I got a thumbs up from this recipe but it seemed like it was missing something to me. Not very visually appealing either.