Recipe by sasha's kitchen
I made this last night and both my husband and I think that this has been the best home-made carnitas so far.we wrapped it in flour tortillas together w/ lime cilantro brown rice,black beans,salsa cruda,diced avocado,cheese,sour cream and tapatio hot sauce.we loved it!
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder blade roast
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
home-made taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- trim the visible fat from the pork.
- place 1 can tomatoes on the bottom of the crockpot,follow w/ pork,garlic and onion,sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly on the top,then cover w/ cilantro.(note:this can be done the night before,just leave it in the fridge,the flavor will blend!).
- cook on high for the 1st 3 hrs and on low for another 5 hours.
- remove the pork and shred it,return to the crockpot,mix w/ juice.