Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an old recipe from the original crockpot that took me time to find. Great for winter or anytime. Use more or less ham/bacon to taste...ham for less fat, but bacon adds more flavor. I like adding a little more green pepper and onions...great for experimenting. Be prepared to sleep in separate rooms after eating or take some Bean-O!!!
- 1 lb dry lima beans, Soaked Overnight (Lg.)
- 1 large onion, Chopped
- 1 large green pepper, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb ham or 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb bacon, Cut Into Bite-Sized Pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- Place All Ingredients In Crockpot And Stir Well. Cook On Low 7-10 Hours (4-5 On High). Serve With Wedges Of Cornbread. Recipe May Be Doubled For 4-1/2 Quart Pot Or Larger.Enjoy!