Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Dining Downloads http://diningdownloads.com/recipe-crock-pot-lasagna/
- 425.24 g container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 473.18 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- kosher salt and pepper
- 473.18 ml fresh Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 340.19 g lean ground beef (at least 90% lean)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (can use jarred)
- 2.46 ml dried oregano or 2.46 ml mixed Italian herbs
- 737.08 g jar marinara sauce
- 4-6 dry lasagna noodles
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, 1 cup of the mozzarella, 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper, and all the spinach.
- In a pan over medium high heat, cook ground beef with garlic, oregano/Italian herbs, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper until no longer pink. Drain.
- Add 1/2 cup of marinara to the bottom of a 5-6 quart crock pot and mix with half of the ground beef. Top with a single layer of noodles, breaking if needed. Layer 3/4 cup of marinara over noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over sauce, and half the remaining ground beef. Repeat with noodles, 3/4 cup of marinara over noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over sauce, and the remaining ground beef. Top with a layer of noodles, half of the remaining marinara, the rest of the ricotta mixture, the remaining marinara, and rest of mozzarella. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.