Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This is my familys recipe and we owned and lived on Kings ranch in missoula montana . Sadly kings ranch is no longer there my family sold out years ago after my pa died .
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can rotel
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- Stir together first 8 ingredients in a large bowl . Tear tortillas into 1 inch pieces divide into thirds ,layer one third into lightly greased slow cooker top with 1/3 of chicken mixture and 1 c of cheese . Repeat layers twice .Cover and cook on low for 3.5 hours or until bubbly and edges are golden brown . uncover and cook on low for 30mins.