Recipe by youngdovefarm
This is amazingly good and super easy. If you want to leave the house for the afternoon to come back and have dinner ready to serve, this is the one to try. Bring home a bag of salad and you are set. Real cheese in here, no velveeta. I also use low sodium everything and don't add extra salt. The spiciness makes additional salt unnecessary. Also, if you don't uncover it the last 30 minutes, don't worry about it. It's still just as good. Also good with flour tortillas if you don't have corn on hand.
Top Review by goozeake
Really good. Used it for the first time on company and it was a hit! I need to add jalepenos next time to give it some zip. I would also suggest maybe using salsa instead of stewed tomatoes for an extra bite. But definitely will make again!
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes, and green chiles (Ro-Tel)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 (6 inch) fajita size corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Tear tortillas into 1 inch pieces; divide into thirds. Layer one-third of tortilla pieces in a lightly greased 6 quart slow cooker. Top with one-third of chicken mixture and 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 hours or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Uncover and cook on LOW 30 minutes.
- Serve with salad and blue corn chips on the side for a pretty presentation.