4 hrs 10 mins
This is amazingly good and super easy. If you want to leave the house for the afternoon to come back and have dinner ready to serve, this is the one to try. Bring home a bag of salad and you are set. Real cheese in here, no velveeta. I also use low sodium everything and don't add extra salt. The spiciness makes additional salt unnecessary. Also, if you don't uncover it the last 30 minutes, don't worry about it. It's still just as good. Also good with flour tortillas if you don't have corn on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes, and green chiles (Ro-Tel)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 (6 inch) fajita size corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Stir together first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Tear tortillas into 1 inch pieces; divide into thirds. Layer one-third of tortilla pieces in a lightly greased 6 quart slow cooker. Top with one-third of chicken mixture and 1 cup of cheese.
- 2Repeat layers twice.
- 3Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 hours or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Uncover and cook on LOW 30 minutes.
- 4Serve with salad and blue corn chips on the side for a pretty presentation.
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot King Ranch Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.4
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.8 mg
- Sodium 802.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 32.3 g