Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Recipe is from Midwest Living.
Make and share this Crockpot Jalapeno Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sliced pickled jalapeno pepper, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes (Neufchatel)
- 2 slices regular bacon (optional) or 2 slices turkey bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder and salt. Arrange chicken, bone sides down, in a 4 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Pour broth and lemon juice around chicken. Top with drained jalapeno pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer chicken and jalapeno pepper to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover chicken and keep warm.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the water; stir into cooking liquid. Add cream cheese, whisking until combined. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until thickened. Serve chicken with sauce. If desired, sprinkle with bacon.