6 hrs 15 mins
Recipe is from Midwest Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sliced pickled jalapeno pepper, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes (Neufchatel)
- 2 slices regular bacon (optional) or 2 slices turkey bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled (optional)
- 1Sprinkle chicken with chili powder and salt. Arrange chicken, bone sides down, in a 4 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Pour broth and lemon juice around chicken. Top with drained jalapeno pepper.
- 2Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- 3Transfer chicken and jalapeno pepper to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover chicken and keep warm.
- 4If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the water; stir into cooking liquid. Add cream cheese, whisking until combined. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until thickened. Serve chicken with sauce. If desired, sprinkle with bacon.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Jalapeno Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 300.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 18.7 g