Recipe by internetnut
This came from The Incredible Slow Cooker Cookbook. I have not tried this, just posting for future use.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Made this as a OAMC meal for next month; I mixed all the ingredients together (except roast and garlic) and put in a freezer bag and then minced the garlic and rubbed it on the roast and put that in a separate freezer bag with directions attached. Will review further/post photo when cooked. Made for My 3 Chefs.
- 8 ounces tomato paste (1 can)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 ounces onion soup mix (2 packets)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes (2 cans)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all your ingredients together - except the garlic - and add them to the slow cooker.
- Rub the roast with garlic, then add it to the mixture in the slow cooker and thoroughly coat the roast with the mixture.
- Cook for 10 hours on low or 5 hours on high, then serve.
- Be sure you take out the bay leaves before serving and eating.