Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Has a bit of spice but that can be adjusted to your liking. Make sure you use the extra sauce to dip!
- 1 (3 -4 lb) rump roast, covered in olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -3 pinch kosher salt
- 6 pepperoncini peppers
- 1⁄4 cup juice from pepperoncini jar
- 1 (11 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 cube instant beef bouillon, broken up (or 1 tsp. powder)
- Combine all ingredients except roast beef in the crockpot.
- Place roast beef in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4. Time isn't critical for this recipe, can cook for shorter or longer time, won't affect the recipe.
- Shred (or slice) meat and serve on hoagie with melted mozzarella or swiss cheese.