Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Adapted from a recipe at the LiveJournal Crockpot community: http://bit.ly/9MludH
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 small apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Scatter onion and apple across the bottom of a 4-6 qt crockpot. Place pork on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey, mustard, coriander and salt. Smear on all sides of pork. Cook on LOW 6-7 hours (or high 3-4 hours, but low is recommended).
- Transfer roast to a plate to rest. Transfer the juices (with onions and apples) to a small saucepan; bring to a simmer. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch into water. Drizzle slurry into simmering juices; continue to simmer until thickened. Slice pork roast and pour gravy over before serving.