Recipe by internetnut
I found this recipe in The Amazing Slow Cooker Cookbook. I have not tried this, just posting for future use.
- 3 lbs chicken, chopped into medium chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cooked sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 yellow peppers, diced
- 1 cup green peas (frozen, or canned and drained)
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook pieces of chicken until brown. When done, drain the excess fat and combine the sausage, onion, and chicken into the slow cooker. Scatter the saffron, thyme, paprika, pepper, and garlic over the ingredients and pour the broth and water into the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook for approximately 8 hours on LOW or 5 1/2 hours on HIGH.
- When done cooking, add the peas, pepper, and tomatoes to the mixture and serve over cooked rice.