Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I haven't made this yet but with Easter around the corner this will be great with leftover ham. I received this recipe in with my electric bill. Let me know how it is if you try it before I do.
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 6 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups ham, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Layer carrots, potatoes, onions, and ham in crockpot.
- In skillet, melt butter.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk.
- Stir frequently until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Add pepper, parsley, mustard, and cheese.
- Continue stirring until cheese melts.
- Pour over vegetables and ham in crockpot, try to cover them all.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
Good potato recipe, I like the ease of it. Mine turned out bland, but I am pretty sure it was because I didn't have nearly 2.5 cups of ham. Next time I make this, I will make sure to use enough ham and I think it will perfect :)
This is the best Scalloped Ham and Potatoes my husband and I ever had! It will become a staple at our house!! I switched the carrots for peas, that was the only change!
My review is based more on the method than the taste of the sauce because I was in a hurry so I just used 2 cans of cheddar cheese soup. I also added a bit of milk. My only concern is that it was aliitle soupier than I would have liked. My ham was very wet, coming out of the freezer so I think that made a difference. Overall a keeper that I would like to make again.