Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Busy day outside of the house but was craving ham dinner. Came up with this recipe as everything was handy.
- 5 lbs bone-in ham, fully cooked
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum, spiced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place ham into crockpot.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients.
- Pour over ham.
- Cook on high for first hour.
- Reduce heat to low for next five hours.
I have used this recipe twice yearly for the past two years. It is quick for left over bone-in ham or any ham. I used white rum the first year (adding some of my own spices like cloves and cinnamon) and it turned out fine, however, the dark rum seems to have a different taste. When I make this again I will use the dark rum. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.