Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
Taco salad from a crockpot? Yes. Green chilies are my favorites and I was happy to find this recipe. If you stop after step 2, you have a delicious filling for tacos, too. Made with ground turkey, this is a somewhat lighter meat mixture, which is a happy circumstance! Just 3 steps makes this yummy meal. Recipe from BH&G.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb chicken or 1 lb lean ground beef, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmild green chili salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large green sweet pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (10 ounce) packageromaine mixed salad greens
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (4)
- 1⁄2 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook ground turkey until meat is brown. Drain of fat. Transfer turkey to a 3-1/2 to 4-quart crockpot. Stir in salsa, drained beans, sweet pepper, and onion.
- Cover and cook on LO heat for 6-8 hours or on HI heat for 3-1/2 hours.
- To Serve: divide Romaine mix among salad plates. Top with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with tortilla chips, green onion, cilantro, and, if desired, tomato and cheese.