Recipe by nikicham
I found a recipe ver similar to this on pinterest. I didn't have "figs" or "fig balsamic vinegar" so I readjusted the recipe with what I had on hand. I'll be making this one again!!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) container figs, fruit paste
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup prune
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt fruit paste in microwave for about 30 seconds, mix together with vinegar, diced tomatoes, and dried herbs.
- slice onion and finely chop garlic and add to mixture.
- layer chicken in crock pot and pour mixture over top
- layer prunes on top.
- Cook for about 6 - 8 hours.
- Serve over rice.