Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Delicious chuck roast that smells wonderful when you come in from work or whatever.
- 3 lbs chuck roast (any size, really)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packet Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (2 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 (7/8 ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- That's it! Mix them all up and spread over roast with water on bottom of crockpot. Cook all day on low. You'll be amazed. Add vegetables of your choice the last hour or two. (I do use name brand dry soups (McCormick's, Lipton, Good Seasons, eg.).
Very good and so easy to make. I followed the recipe as written and I used a cup of water. This was so yummy. I cooked mine on low for six hours and it was perfect.
This is the bomb! Going to a cabin up in Mammoth for the next four days and yes, I'm taking along the crockpot. Thanks for sharing this simple but delicious recipe.