Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
This is Emily Hobb's recipe from Just a Pinch Recipe Club. I really want to make this so I'm posting here for safekeeping and to get the nutritional info :) How cool that you "bake" this in a crockpot!!
Top Review by Chef MurphyGirl
Pointers: <br/>1. Use a 4 qt slow cooker; (2 1/2 qt is NOT "close enough").<br/>2. Use a slow cooker liner!! ALWAYS!!<br/>3. Set aside the flour mixture in step 2. I used the mixing bowl and added the butter and <br/> sweet potato to it all at once so when it came to "gradually beat in the flour mixture", it <br/> was too late!! <br/>4. Microwave the dulce de leche to make it 'spreadable'. <br/><br/>I only followed #2 and it was a disaster, but I'm willing to give it a try again!!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained, finely mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook, whisking constantly, until butter foams and starts to turn golden brown. Place browned butter in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; whisk until combined. Add brown sugar and sweet potato to mixing bowl with browned butter; beat, using a mixer on medium speed, until creamy - about 1 minute. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined - about 1 minute. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in flour mixture, alternating with coconut milk until just combined. Stir in pecans until combined.
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread batter evenly into slow cooker; cover and cook on low for 45 minutes. Pour dulce de leche on top, sprinkle with coconut, cover, and cook an additional 1 hour. Turn slow cooker off and allow to cool 45 minutes before serving.