Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My grandmothers recipe.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) boxjiffy cornbread
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Butter sides of crockpot.
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble bread and add eggs, onion, celery, sage, salt, pepper, soup and broth. Mix well.
- Pour into crockpot. Dot top with 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Cover & cook on high for 2 hours. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
This is the same recipe my mother-in-law always used. It's a family favorite. Now I use the same recipe. The only change I make is I use poultry seasoning instead of sage. It is always moist. Love it!!