Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This can be made mild or spicy, depending on the type of curry powder you use. Serve on steamed rice or your favorite cooked pasta.
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt, plain whole-milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin, and water.
- Add the onion and stir to combine. Place the chicken on top and season with 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, add the yogurt and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine.
- Serve with rice or pasta and sprinkle with the scallions.
Love this recipe. We often use it with beef too!
There's nothing like coming home to a hearty meal cooked in the crockpot and this recipe is no exception...especially for those of us watching our fat grams! Hubby and I enjoyed this immensely but I made a big mistake in trying to reduce even more fat--I used nonfat yogurt instead of full-fat and that made the gravy separate, so I don't advise deviating from the recipe in that regard. Even so, we enjoyed every bite and will certainly make this again. Thanks so much for posting, Mikekey! :)
This is a very good recipe!! The whole family liked it!! Will make often in my slow cooker, your family will think you cooked all day on this recipe! Thanks for sharing!!