Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Fresh mushrooms combined with canned soup and barley perfect for the slow cooker.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped leek
- chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until they're tender and then put in crock-pot. Stir in the barley, soup, water, thyme, leek, salt, and pepper in the crock pot. Cook on high for a few hours until barley is tender. Garnish with parsley.