Recipe by Hippie2MARS
My hairdresser shared this recipe with me. I love it served over egg noodles, but my mom prefers it over rice. Either way, it's super yummy! I often use chicken tenders in this recipe, but my hairdresser uses skinless, boneless thighs.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 3⁄4 ounces Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) carton whole mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in crockpot and sprinkle with dressing mix and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Lightly brush off the dirt from the mushrooms with a damp paper towel, and slice off the tough ends.
- Place mushrooms in the crockpot with the chicken and cover.
- Melt 2 tbs of butter in sauce pan; saute onion and garlic until onions are clear.
- Add soup, cream cheese, and broth.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add to crockpot, stir together to combine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for another hour.