Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
What to do with an abundance of wild blackberries? Well, I love chocolate, didn't want to heat up the kitchen or pay much attention to it. So I found 2 recipes, one here, and one offline and combined them to make a completely new dessert! Chocolate cake that makes its own blackberry/chocolate syrup! Yum! The first 6 steps are for the cake batter; steps 7 & 8 are for the berry sauce.
- Coat crockpot wiith butter,oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In large bowl, melt butter and chocolate together (use chips or cut block into small pieces) in microwave or over a pot of boiling water. (Takes about a minute in the microwave,.).
- Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt, milk and egg to butter/chocolate mixture. (This is why you needed a large bowl in step 3.).
- Add flour/baking powder mixture to this.
- Pour batter into crockpot and spread over bottom.
- Put berries, sugar and water in saucepan and bring to boil over high heat. Let boil 30 seconds. Turn off heat.
- Spoon berry mixture over batter in crockpot. Do NOT Stir.
- Let cook about 2 1/2 hours on HIGH, or until knife inserted into center of cake comes out clean of chocolate. (Berries will have sunk to bottom.).