3 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
What to do with an abundance of wild blackberries? Well, I love chocolate, didn't want to heat up the kitchen or pay much attention to it. So I found 2 recipes, one here, and one offline and combined them to make a completely new dessert! Chocolate cake that makes its own blackberry/chocolate syrup! Yum! The first 6 steps are for the cake batter; steps 7 & 8 are for the berry sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat crockpot wiith butter,oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Mix flour and baking powder and set aside.
- 3In large bowl, melt butter and chocolate together (use chips or cut block into small pieces) in microwave or over a pot of boiling water. (Takes about a minute in the microwave,.).
- 4Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt, milk and egg to butter/chocolate mixture. (This is why you needed a large bowl in step 3.).
- 5Add flour/baking powder mixture to this.
- 6Pour batter into crockpot and spread over bottom.
- 7Put berries, sugar and water in saucepan and bring to boil over high heat. Let boil 30 seconds. Turn off heat.
- 8Spoon berry mixture over batter in crockpot. Do NOT Stir.
- 9Let cook about 2 1/2 hours on HIGH, or until knife inserted into center of cake comes out clean of chocolate. (Berries will have sunk to bottom.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Chocolate Blackerry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.6
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 257.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g