Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Super easy to prepare. Low in sodium, and actually tastes great! Every other recipe that I found for my favorite kind of soup was so high in sodium, so I came up with my own version.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 425.24 g canned corn (I by the kind that says "no salt added" on the label)
- 425.24 g canned diced tomatoes (again, I buy "no salt added" whenever possible)
- 907.18 g kitchen basics unsalted vegetable stock (Any kind of chicken or veggie stock would work just as well, this is just what I like)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) or 4.92 ml of already minced garlic
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml salt (I use No Salt)
- 4.92 ml pepper
- shredded monterey jack cheese (all are good) or colby (all are good) or cheddar cheese (all are good)
- tortilla chips
- 1. Add all ingredients to the crockpot EXCEPT cheese and chips. Stir together so everything is well mixed.
- 2. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- 3. Before serving, remove cooked chicken breast pieces and shred/cut them into bite size chunks.
- 4. Place chicken back in crockpot and stir to mix well.
- 5. Serve hot topped with cheese and chips.