I believe according to Weight Watchers, this is 4 points, but you'd never know it with its riot of flavors.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder or 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for approximately 8 hours or on high for 6 hours. Check towards end time so as not to overcook.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir. Top with fresh cilantro.
Very good and makes a lot! My cans were smaller than mentioned and I only had tomato paste -- so added some water (which I don't think I needed). Skipped the jalapeno though. This makes lots and think it will freeze wonderfully. Thanks for sharing!
Amazing!! <br/>I added 1 ounce of chopped semi sweet chocolate to tame down the chili taste...WOWZER!<br/>This is a great meal!
I saw this on Pintrest and have been dying to try it since. I cooked it on high for 6 hours and it came out great! I used 3 chicken breasts and they were able to be shredded right in the pot using a fork and spatula very easily. I hate shredding chicken by hand so this is awesome. Instead of eating this like chili, I piled it on tostada shells with queso fresco, pico de gallo, & shredded lettuce... best tostada I've ever had! This does make a lot but it's really good reheated as well.