Do you want stew and don't have the time to let it cook the old-fashioned way? Well, try this recipe and I don't think you'll be disappointed.As in all my recipes, adjust the seasonings according to your tastes. The time for prepping the vegetables is included.This will serve 3 slightly hungry adults. Submitted to " ZAAR " on April 29th. 2010.
- 1 1⁄2 cups russet potatoes, peeled cut into bite-size pieces, and washed
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, peeled, cut into bite-size pieces, and washed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (to taste)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Place veggies in the bottom of a 2 1/2 quart crockpot ( you know, the small one ).
- Sprinkle seasonings evenly over the veggies.
- Top with chicken, then cover with soup.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.