Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
Do you want stew and don't have the time to let it cook the old-fashioned way? Well, try this recipe and I don't think you'll be disappointed.As in all my recipes, adjust the seasonings according to your tastes. The time for prepping the vegetables is included.This will serve 3 slightly hungry adults. Submitted to " ZAAR " on April 29th. 2010.
Top Review by Bren in LR
This was a simple meal and the family enjoyed it. I doubled the ingredients and added some sliced celery. The canned soup needed milk added to make it creamier as it looked the same sitting on the top when it was done. I added the milk, stirred it in and it improved the creaminess. I will add 1 can of milk to the 2 cans of soup next time. It had very good flavor and the was easy to make. A plus for my busy life style.
- 1 1⁄2 cups russet potatoes, peeled cut into bite-size pieces, and washed
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, peeled, cut into bite-size pieces, and washed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (to taste)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup