Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Found on Pinterest. Very easy to make. The taste is kid friendly.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 24 ounces frozen egg noodles
- Place everything but noodles in a crock pot. (cut the chicken up if you like but not too small). Cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to pot and add egg noodles. Cook 2 more hours.
- You can add pepper for a little kick.
I make this all the time for my daughter and she loves it!! I use the cream of chicken with herbs. Gives it just a bit more flavor. Super easy and great for those winter nights.
This is the BEST chicken and noodles recipe! I made it last night and we loved it! After reading the reviews first, I added 3 cans of chicken broth instead of two and it was PERFECT. Couldn't have been easier or tastier. You just put the chicken breasts, broth, cream of chicken and a stick of butter in the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours, then shred the chicken, add the frozen noodles (I use Reames frozen egg noodles, they're seriously the best and closest to homemade.) It all cooks 2 hours longer, the noodles plump up and cook to perfection. <br/>This recipe would be perfect for potlucks, football games, a good hearty meal after a day of Christmas shopping, for anytime really!! It wasn't too salty (I used broth with less sodium) and it definitely wasn't mushy, like another review said. It came out perfect. Thanks, Barbacious, for a keeper in the recipe file!
I added chopped carrots and celery....pretty darn close to my Grandma's! Yum! Serve over mashed potatoes and you are in comfort food carb heaven!