Recipe by internetnut
This came from High Protein Low Carb Low Calorie Slowcooker 255+ Recipes. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 1 lb ground skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 30 ounces Italian-style tomato sauce
- 15 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 15 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 15 lasagna noodles, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and onions until chicken is no longer pink. Add tomato sauce, basil, and pizza seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, and parmesan cheese. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese until lasagna cooks).
- Spread 1/4 chicken mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half the cheese mixture and 1/4 of the chicken mixture. Top with 5 noodles remaining cheese mixture and 1/4 chicken mixture.
- Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining chicken mixture. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 5 hours, or until noodles are done. Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.