Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Recipe is from Diana Rattray, in about.com's weekly crockpot recipe newsletter.
- 9 corn tortillas, 6-inch
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) canwhole kernel corn with bell peppers, drained
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers, mild
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese or 2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- guacamole and sour cream
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place 3 tortillas in bottom of slow cooker. Top tortillas with the corn, half of the chicken, about half of the seasonings, and half of the chile peppers. Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese and pour about 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce over the cheese. Repeat with 3 more tortillas, the black beans, remaining chicken, seasonings, chile peppers, and cheese. Top with remaining tortillas and enchilada sauce. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5 to 6 hours. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.
Have this cooking right now! It's what I would call 'comfort' TexMex and SUPER easy! I reduced the cooking time to 4.5 hrs and used frozen corn. Big hit with my kid & husband & freezes well also. Thanks!
This turned out great! Thanks for the recipe. I'll make again and again. DH ate the entire container of leftovers without even putting it on a plate - right out of the tupperware container (and it was a LOT!) Thanks for a great, easy recipe.