Recipe by Pinay0618
Recipe is from Diana Rattray, in about.com's weekly crockpot recipe newsletter.
Top Review by BrownBunny
Have this cooking right now! It's what I would call 'comfort' TexMex and SUPER easy! I reduced the cooking time to 4.5 hrs and used frozen corn. Big hit with my kid & husband & freezes well also. Thanks!
- 9 corn tortillas, 6-inch
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) canwhole kernel corn with bell peppers, drained
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers, mild
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese or 2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- guacamole and sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place 3 tortillas in bottom of slow cooker. Top tortillas with the corn, half of the chicken, about half of the seasonings, and half of the chile peppers. Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese and pour about 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce over the cheese. Repeat with 3 more tortillas, the black beans, remaining chicken, seasonings, chile peppers, and cheese. Top with remaining tortillas and enchilada sauce. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5 to 6 hours. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.